If you are our neighbors in the San Francisco Bay Area, or willing to drive/fly, join us for an upcoming seminar organized by Firetide in Pleasanton, California on January 26.
Specifying and Designing High-Performance Wireless Infrastructure
Wednesday January 26, 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM
Why is wireless infrastructure essential?
Wireless is gaining acceptance as a reliable transport and an alternative to cable and fiber in municipal video surveillance, transportation, government, education and industrial installations. Did you know that deploying wireless instead of fiber can save up to 90% of network infrastructure costs? This translates to projects moving forward, rather than being bogged down in funding discussions.
Who should attend?
If you are researching, planning or specifying a wireless infrastructure projects – don’t miss this event. The seminar is designed for security and IT network integrators, A&E and infrastructure consultants, public safety technology leaders, security directors, network and IT managers tasked with managing wireless infrastructure initiatives, or extending reach of security and IT networks to areas where wired infrastructure does not exist.
What information will you receive?
This full day seminar will provide essential information about wireless technology options and design considerations for high-performance wireless infrastructure for real-time video surveillance, voice and data applications:
- Design considerations for wireless IP networking
- Wireless technology options, and how to pick the right one for the project
- Mistakes to avoid during specification and design
What topics will be covered?
- Designing for High-performance Wireless; Wireless Trends
- RF Basics for Successful Project Design
- Wireless applications; Mesh and mobility
- Wireless Infrastructure: Project Fit and Key Differentiators
- Specification & Design: Approaches; Tools; Best Practices
What past attendees have been saying?
“Enjoyed interaction and two-way communications. It was not just a lecture, but back-and-forth.”
“Good mix of content, technical vs. applications.”
“All of the presenters were very knowledgeable, and were able to answer our questions effectively.”
The seminar will be focused on wireless for government, commercial and transportation applications (i.e. we will not be covering in-home, consumer-grade Wi-Fi) and will use Firetide’s technology and deployments as examples. If you have an interest in industrial-grade wireless technology, mesh networking or Firetide, you will benefit from this event. This seminar is approved for BICSI Continuing Education Credits (CEC); you will receive 4 to 6 CECs (details on BICSI web site).
If you are interested in this event, please send an email to Ksenia Coffman (kcoffman-at-firetide-dot-com).
Cannot make it to Pleasanton? We will host this seminar in other locations throughout the United States in 2011. Stay tuned!
Interested in wireless mesh technology and mesh design? See these posts:
- Layer 2 vs Layer 3 in Wireless Mesh: Do You Have to Choose?
- When Wireless Video Mesh is Not ‘True’ Mesh (But Better)
- Network Design Considerations for Wireless Video Surveillance
- To Mesh or Not To Mesh for Wireless Security and Surveillance