For this Friday post, I’ve compiled some of the most popular blog entries from the past 9 months of Mesh Without Wires. Enjoy!
Chicago video mesh
Chicago Walking Tour series has been very popular, and is also one of my favorite on the blog. It gives the readers, who may not come up and close to video installations, an opportunity to see the equipment in its “natural surroundings” and to see how various elements of the system integrate with each other.
- Chicago Walking Tour, Wireless Video Surveillance Edition, Part 1: Magnificent Mile, River North, Riverwalk and Theater District
- Chicago Walking Tour, Video Mesh Edition, Part 2: Millennium Park and vicinity
Wireless mesh network design
The next three posts focus on best practices of mesh design – they are very popular judging by search traffic. Some of these posts came about as a response to blog commenters, so many thanks to those who engage with me on this blog.
- Network Design Considerations for Wireless Video Surveillance
- When Wireless Video Mesh is Not ‘True’ Mesh (But Better)
- To Mesh or Not To Mesh for Wireless Security and Surveillance
Grey’s Anatomy finale
Amazingly, 5 months after the Grey’s Anatomy “Active Shooter” finale aired, I’m still getting hits to the post below. People apparently continue to be baffled by the ABC’s version of police/SWAT and hospital security response to the incident, judging by search terms people use to arrive to the blog, such as “grey’s anatomy worst security” and “seattle grace ineffective lockdown.”
Catch my posts from next week’s ASIS 2010 in Dallas, and from the ASIS Dallas PD tour. If you are on twitter, follow @firetide and @kseniacoffman for updates from the show. Official Twitter hash tag is #ASIS10.